[HELP] How to compile map?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[HELP] How to compile map?

Post  Killerboy250 on Thu Feb 10 2011, 11:25

Hey i really need help with this: when i save the map it looks .map and when i change it to .mrs the map dosent appear in gunz and it looks like 6kb only 0,o?? help?

Killerboy250

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [HELP] How to compile map?

Post  pluke001 on Thu Feb 10 2011, 16:51

Killerboy250 wrote:Hey i really need help with this: when i save the map it looks .map and when i change it to .mrs the map dosent appear in gunz and it looks like 6kb only 0,o?? help?

.map file type is used to same your mapping progress so you can any time open your map file in GTKRadiant and continue your map building.
To make .mrs file you have to compile your map. To do that, in GTKRadiant go to [Build >>> NoLight/FastLight/Light]
NoLight mode means that compiler will not compile your map lighting sources. So your map will work ingame only while light effects in game setings are turned off.
Fast Light mode compiles together with light sources and compiling goes fast because its being compiled in simple way
Light Mode is similar to Fast Light mode but it compiles lightmap smother better, but compiling is VERY slow. Also you wont see difrence between Light and Fast light unless you will use very advanced lightmapping techniques.

I'd recomend you always use "Light Map" mode because it compiles fast and nice enough Smile

After you compile your map, you will find .mrs file in same directory were you saved .map file.

Good luck with mapping Smile
pluke001
Administrator

View user profile http://pluke.darkbb.com/gunzmap-h1.htm

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum