[HELP] Why I cant buit my map in light mode?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[HELP] Why I cant buit my map in light mode?

Post  ThinhQuach on Wed Jun 29 2011, 05:06

Hi Pluke, i like your maps so much !

I just finished my first map ever. bounce . but sadly, every time i build it with the light one. After population light ( it took so long ), an error is disappeared. Mad

Please help me. and i want to be your student too. If u dont understand my English please tell me.

ThinhQuach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [HELP] Why I cant buit my map in light mode?

Post  ThinhQuach on Wed Jun 29 2011, 05:09

Oh. do u have a way to change shift to another key. my shift is crazy. So everytime i am making map. The Map just zoom bigger - smaller @. It really hard to make even a simple polygon and place it directly.

ThinhQuach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joeyy on Thu Jun 30 2011, 12:07

ThinhQuach wrote:Oh. do u have a way to change shift to another key. my shift is crazy. So everytime i am making map. The Map just zoom bigger - smaller @. It really hard to make even a simple polygon and place it directly.

http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/ <-- This is a program that lets you remap your keys, check their PDF file.

Joeyy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pluke001 on Thu Jun 30 2011, 20:19

Actualy I am not surprised your fsrad has crashed. By looking to your map picture I can guess that you spamed much circles, polygons and some other advanced wall types. Lightmap still gets very buggy for cylinders and polygons. brushcount and faces count can make your frsard overloafd and just crash. Also your maps is qaiet big if I look to brush count. I myself never used more than 900 brushes (biggest was 890 brushes for Gunz-Mart map to keep perfect light map and fsrad alive, but that map was made mostly only from squares). The more brushes you build, the more faces you texture, the harder is for fsrad to handle.
Well fsrad isnt that perfect and you shouldnt try to build something huge if you dont know how to manipulate some other heliping things.

ThinhQuach wrote:Oh. do u have a way to change shift to another key. my shift is crazy. So everytime i am making map. The Map just zoom bigger - smaller @. It really hard to make even a simple polygon and place it directly.

How about you get new keyboard (if it is its foult)? These arent very expensive. Oryou can try using that thing wich Joeyy posted.

PS.: if you compile map in lightmap mode, use fastlight function. I'd say that it gives same result and compiles way faster.
pluke001
Administrator

View user profile http://pluke.darkbb.com/gunzmap-h1.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  ThinhQuach on Wed Jul 06 2011, 17:10

Thanks So Much. I cut out some that is not really need.

ThinhQuach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ThinhQuach on Wed Jul 06 2011, 17:36

Ok, from more than 1129 now its 575 burshes

ThinhQuach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pluke001 on Wed Jul 06 2011, 21:30

ThinhQuach wrote:Ok, from more than 1129 now its 575 burshes

Good. If your goal is perfect lightmap, you also should void circle form brushs.
pluke001
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ThinhQuach on Thu Jul 07 2011, 19:18

I still cant build it in light. And with Nolight, My Map is crashed in game. I mean when i got in game. Its totally dark, i unmark the light map and i still not see anything. And the Gunz character is crash too. If u dont mind. I can give u my Map. I just want to have my first map ever. I make 2 maps. Both got crashed

ThinhQuach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pluke001 on Fri Jul 08 2011, 12:11

ThinhQuach wrote:I still cant build it in light. And with Nolight, My Map is crashed in game. I mean when i got in game. Its totally dark, i unmark the light map and i still not see anything. And the Gunz character is crash too. If u dont mind. I can give u my Map. I just want to have my first map ever. I make 2 maps. Both got crashed

Well, did you add lhight source to your map, dm spawns? Also build in "Fast light" mode.
If you want, you can upload map file of your map there and I will look into it if you did something wrong.
pluke001
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ThinhQuach on Fri Jul 08 2011, 16:16

I already sent u my ..map . Please, help. I love this map so much pale

ThinhQuach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pluke001 on Sat Jul 09 2011, 12:28

Well I looked into your map and all I can say that it is built too porly.
First of all, you have to use caulk for EVERY wall that players will not see or shouldnt see ingame. Read more about caulk

Secont thing is your prisms / cones. Cones that youmade are too high quality (too much sides as for gunz). I myself dont use more than 10 sides for cones.

Avoid as much as posible walls going one through another. When walls are touching, it is not very bad thing but when walls crosses each other, it starts to fuck up lightmap.
Lightmap depends on textured faces count (any texture exept comon textures) so texture only walls that other people can see ingame.

If you proprtly cauljked your map and fixed crossing walls, your map shouldnt be a proble to compile.

For more analysing how to build good map, download and analyze this map I built yesterday in few minutes: Download now. When you download it, look carefully all difrences between good and bad sides. (It iclodes caulk, walls, texturing, placement).
pluke001
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ThinhQuach on Mon Jul 11 2011, 15:35

Its ok now, but i still cant build it with light. Even there are only 5 or 6 light in my map

ThinhQuach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ThinhQuach on Mon Jul 11 2011, 15:45

Its ok now, but i still cant build it with light. Even there are only 5 or 6 light in my map. It got crash when its building splitting octree

ThinhQuach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pluke001 on Tue Jul 12 2011, 10:17

Try making simple box map and building it with lightmap.
pluke001
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ThinhQuach on Tue Jul 12 2011, 18:32

You mean, i have to start over. Sad . I build those car hardly. How to make it looked like day time

ThinhQuach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ThinhQuach on Tue Jul 12 2011, 18:36

Help me save this map. please

ThinhQuach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pluke001 on Wed Jul 13 2011, 10:35

What I mean is, try making simle box map to check if your lightmap works at all.
As for your big map, it needs major caulk and rebuilding of some parts becouse those parts are too detailed.
pluke001
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top